Chasing madness...

Friday, February 13, 2015

i am so deprived of sleep that i think i'm falling into madness...

my mind is ready to bolt...if i could, without waking up all my neighbours, i would take everything out of my kitchen cupboards in one full swoop...one big loud crash...i would overturn everything in this house, i would burn it all down...

this isn't me...this isn't who i want to be...this isn't where i want to be.

there is no Hell Ya feeling...

i've lost my edge. i've lost the story of who i am and what i'm capable of.

and that is sad...this journey was supposed to be about finding myself and instead, i find myself feeling more lost than ever...

i'm tired of feeling like i'm going backwards or stalled in everything i do...

i used to be a change agent...i used to love innovation and making a difference...now, i just want to snap at everyone and tell them to go fuck off...

i feel so detached and so disconnected...disengaged...disillusioned...and what infuriates me is that i've done this to myself...i've allowed it to happen as i sink into the shadows...i'm not seen, i'm not heard, i'm invisible...it's a bit of the victim mentality and i hate this about myself...

there's a milestone to be attained this year...and i desperately want a change for the better...i can't continue to live like this...with bitterness, with abject apathy...

so where do i begin?

a part of me wants to jump the path and start on a new street and not look back...

another part of me wants to stay on the street, but to remove all distractions in one full swoop...

another part of me wants to stay on the road, but invite more chaos...

and another part of me just wants to end it all and slip into darkness...this is the thought that i fear the most and what i am currently battling...i know i am fortunate, i know i have things that people dream of...and yet, i'm not living my dream...i have not attained my dream...and that bitterness is festering and maddening...

ironically, i did one of those online quizzes and my anthem song they selected for me was One Republic's I Lived...



This is what I am aiming for...to find that part of me that will take the essence of the song and chose to live...to beat the odds...to not be confined by how others define me or how i define myself...as the song says...to own every second that this world can give...




You Might Also Like

0 comments